What is FLStudio?
FL Studio (previously known as Fruity Loops) is a well know Digital Audio Workstation developed by the company Image-Line which is a Belgian company. The software offers a graphical user interface based on a pattern-based music sequencer. The software is available for both macOS and Microsoft windows. Additionally, the software comes with 4 different editions. Those are Fruity edition, Producer edition, Signature bundle and, all plugins bundle.
Personally, I have used the FLStudio and it is a great software to use for your digital music productions. Actually, FLStuido is a two-decade-old software and it has won the heart of the music producers.
The software came with different type of versions and the last version was 12. Instead of updating the 12th version to the 13th or something, the company has skipped the numbers and introduced the FLStudio version 20.
Let’s talk about the new features of the FLStudio 20.
Upgraded Features Of FLStudio 20
- Mac support – Now the FLStudio is available as a 64 bit macOS application. Also, the team has included the Audio Unit and VST plugin support.
- Time signatures – Time signatures changed with Time Markers.
- Classic features like editing note velocity, pitch, pan etc from the channel rack and legacy pro-computed effects are back.
- The playlist is increased to 500 from 199.
- Real-time audio recording data is displayed as it is captured.
- 80 plugins (with producer edition).
- 500 Tracks for arrangements.
- Mixer tracks were increased to 125 from 104.
There are plenty of new features can be seen in new version of FLStudio. You can see all the latest upgraded features here.
FLStudio works well on all the windows 7/8/10 64-bit and 32-bit versions and all the versions of macOS. Intel Dual core CPU or AMD Athlon 64 or later compatible CPU and 4GB RAM is needed.
According to my personal experiences, the software works well with ASIO 4 drivers.
My Personal Thoughts
As a user that is using the software for 15 years now, I can tell this is the best digital audio workstation I have ever seen. Especially the version 20 has come with lots of good updates.
Please leave your comments below.